Full Body, Dry (Cabernet Franc). IGT. Alc 15%.
Very limited production wine, from a single vineyard, to showcase the best expression of this varietal in the classic Bolgheri terroir of award-winning Chiappini family estate.
VINTAGE NOTE: 5/5 "Exceptional" WSG (Wine Scholar Guild).
LOCATION & QUALITY: the boutique estate of Giovanni Chiappini (run with the help of his daughter Martina) is happily situated right next door to the famous estate of Ornellaia and benefits from the same fabulous climate, exposure, soil etc. This is a perfect example of the importance of sourcing great quality wines at a very fair price point, compared to others that arguably push up prices simply due to their branding. This is certainly a hidden gem of a wine!
- Vineyards: Felciaino 1986, Felciaino 2001
- Soil composition: average texture with alluvial calcareous deposit
- Wine making: with natural raising agents in steel tank, the fermentation takes place under controlled temperature in stainless steel tank
- Maturation: at least 24 months in French oak barrels, 30% first use
- Bottles production per year: about 2.000
- Organoleptic features: nose of great complexity and pleasing aromas. The olfactory senses roam across inklings of tobacco, chocolate and liquorice with notes of plums and dried fruit. Rich and elegant on the palate, with smooth and soft tannins, tasty and long-lasting at the same time. A wine that expresses the elegance and singularity of the Bolgheri region.
NB: Limited stock - maximum two bottles per customer (until larger stock available).
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.