Full Body, Dry (Super Tuscan - Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Sangiovese). DOC. Alc 14.5%.
This is the 'baby brother' to a special 100-pointer Super Tuscan called Guado de Gemoli (see the 2009 vintage here), blending together the classic Bolgheri mix of Sangiovese, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot. It's perfect with a steak!
As the winery explains, this wine boasts "an outstanding structure, able to evolve gradually and to refine itself even over years".
LOCATION & QUALITY: the boutique estate of Giovanni Chiappini (run with the help of his daughter Martina) is happily situated right next door to the famous estate of Ornellaia and benefits from the same fabulous climate, exposure, soil etc. This is a perfect example of the importance of sourcing great quality wines at a very fair price point, compared to others that arguably push up prices simply due to their branding.
- Grape variety: Cabernet Sauvignon 50%, Merlot 40%, Sangiovese 10%
- Vineyards: Felciaino 1986, Felciaino 2001
- Soil composition: average texture with alluvial calcareous deposit
- Wine making: with natural raising agents, under controlled temperature in stainless steel tank
- Maturation: at least 12 months in used French oak barrels
- Organoleptic features: intense ruby-red colour, a structure of great fruit and smoothness with notes of spices which make it complex and mixed.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.