Full Body, Dry (Merlot). IGT. Alc 15%.
Very limited production wine, from a single vineyard, to showcase the best expression of this varietal in the classic Bolgheri terroir of award-winning Chiappini family estate.
VINTAGE NOTE: 5/5 "Exceptional" WSG (Wine Scholar Guild).
LOCATION & QUALITY: the boutique estate of Giovanni Chiappini (run with the help of his daughter Martina) is happily situated right next door to the famous estate of Ornellaia and benefits from the same fabulous climate, exposure, soil etc. This is a perfect example of the importance of sourcing great quality wines at a very fair price point, compared to others that arguably push up prices simply due to their branding. This is certainly a hidden gem of a wine!
- Vineyards: Felciaino 1986, Fondi 1984
- Soil composition: average texture with alluvial calcareous deposit
- Wine making: with natural raising agents in steel tank
- Maturation: at least 24 months in French oak barrels, 25% first use
- Bottles production per year: about 2.000
- Organoleptic features: intense ruby-red colour. This wine is characterized by a complex and fascinating olfactory framework: ripe black fruits, liquorice, spices and leaf tobacco. In the mouth the wine is silky and wrapping, with a good compactness and persistence. In the aftertaste notes of ripe black fruits, liquorice, coffee and dark chocolate.
NB: Limited stock - maximum two bottles per customer (until larger stock available).
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.