Full Body, Dry (Petit Verdot). IGT. Alc 15%.
Very limited production wine, from a single vineyard, to showcase the best expression of this varietal in the classic Bolgheri terroir of award-winning Chiappini family estate.
VINTAGE NOTE: 5/5 "Exceptional" WSG (Wine Scholar Guild).
LOCATION & QUALITY: the boutique estate of Giovanni Chiappini (run with the help of his daughter Martina) is happily situated right next door to the famous estate of Ornellaia and benefits from the same fabulous climate, exposure, soil etc. This is a perfect example of the importance of sourcing great quality wines at a very fair price point, compared to others that arguably push up prices simply due to their branding. This is certainly a hidden gem of a wine!
- Vineyards: Felciaino 1986
- Soil composition: average texture with alluvial calcareous deposit
- Wine making: with natural raising agents in steel tank, the fermentation takes place under controlled temperature in stainless steel tank
- Maturation: at least 24 months in French oak barrels, 30% first use
- Bottles production per year: about 2.000
- Organoleptic features: ruby-red wine with reflexes which tend towards violet. It presents a marked perfume with hints of mint, ripe red fruit and chocolate. On the palate the wine shows a great personality with very smooth and balanced tannins, followed by mineral and spicy notes. Long and persistent finish.
NB: Limited stock - maximum two bottles per customer (until larger stock available).