Medium Body, Dry (Vitovska). Alc 12%.
Rare white "grape of light"* elegantly presented by Friuli's poet-painter-winemaker.
Tasting notes: light to medium body; high acid; a clean, fresh, mineral wine ... light fruit & floral aromas (green fruit - pears, melon - and white flowers); interesting hints of beeswax, plus lime and almond skin; long, tangy, saline finish. Leaves you with some lovely notes of caramel, butterscotch and vanilla. Opens up a lot as swirled in the glass! Great for fans of Arneis, or Soave.
Vitovska IGT Venezia Giulia:
- Vineyards planted at over 800 feet above sea level
- Aged for 12 months in old barrels
- Then aged for 6 more months in stainless steel tank
- Bottled unfiltered
* Vitovska has been called "the grape of light" ... as it often has a halo in the vineyard - thanks to its translucent skins, which means the sunlight bounces up off the white stoney soil (important to this area's vineyards).
A NOTE ON THE WINERY:- At the Kante vineyards the grapes are harvested by hand.
- In the cellar, wines are neither fined nor filtered and no new oak is used (barrels are up to 18 years old). This is Edi's style and philosophy of winemaking.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.